Break Trail Strategies
- Strategic Business Consulting -
Now is a great time to reassess your operations and communications, rethink your budget, and review your strategic goals.
A fresh perspective on your content, systems, and processes will help ensure your business is prepared for growth opportunities when the economy restarts.
Is Your Business Operating Efficiently?
- Are your operations, budget, and communications aligned with corporate goals?
- Do you have the infrastructure to support growth?
- Are your staff members cross-trained?
- Does your staff know how their work supports the success of the organization?
- Is your organizational structure organized to achieve corporate goals?
- Do you have benchmarks to ensure the decisions you're making are on the right track?
How Can We Help You?
At Break Trail Strategies, we offer a different perspective on your existing processes, systems, content, and resources.
We help our clients:
- Maximize existing resources by reducing workarounds, rework, and complaints
- Save money by improving efficiencies
- Align resources with corporate goals
- Improve communication
- Prepare for growth opportunities
What Do We Do?
Recent client work includes:
- Completing a business analysis and offering recommendations for a Colorado University's HR Department and operations
- Managing the proposal response to an RFP for tax credits for low income and accessible housing developments in Maryland
- Managing a $3M grant submission for a telecommunications company in Oklahoma
- Creating or rewriting website content and developing wireframes for nonprofits and startups in Colorado
- Facilitating nonprofit board strategic planning sessions
We are client-centric and outcomes-focused. Our mission is to help clients improve outcomes and achieve goals by providing timely, impactful, and strategy-based business expertise.
We have experience working for universities, government contractors, non-profits, government agencies, start-ups, and established companies, so we can easily navigate any type of industry.
Break Trail Strategies is a small firm, allowing us to move quickly, work remotely, and offer affordable rates.
Our expertise is in business and management. It's a broad category; we have worked across product lines, divisions, and agencies to achieve goals, and we can help you achieve yours too.
Contact us for a one-hour, no-cost, initial consultation
Whether at the corporate level or on a project-by-project basis, Break Trail Strategies provides flexible and affordable access to the expertise you need:
- Staffing alignment / clarifying roles and responsibilities
- Process mapping
- Policies and procedures
- Overall operational assessment
- Project planning
- Vendor and contract assessment
- Budget review
- IT optimization / technology review
- Internal and external communications review and alignment
- Communications strategy
- Writing and editing
- Grant and proposal management
- Review current goals against corporate strategy
- Create, review, or update SMART goals
- Define metrics
- Develop schedules and milestones
- Create a communication plan that ensures your team(s) know how their work ties into the success of the organization
- Business Analysis
- Strategic planning
- Goals and action plans
- Internal and external communications assessment
- Technology assessment
- Business plan assessment
- Budget review against goals
- Operational efficiency assessments
Let's meet to discuss how we can work together to achieve your objectives.
We engaged Break Trail Strategies to consult on a broad range of issues.
The results were thoughtful, respectful, and actionable recommendations for improving and clarifying our goals, processes, and communication. From board and staff responsibilities, to best practices, long-range strategy, and better use of technology, Break Trail gave our team the tools and direction to make our organization more efficient and better prepared for growth.
-Executive Committee/Board of Directors
Center for Teaching International Relations, World Affairs Challenge
Thank you for providing all the right tools to formulate a clear vision and develop a customized plan of action. Your guidance and empathy - especially during crucial moments - was instrumental in achieving our desired goals. Thanks for your always positive approach and for bringing clarity and focus to help us address opportunities and barriers.
- Brunner Management, LLC
We appreciate all your help in making the maze of federal documentation a little easier to navigate...and your expertise in developing our Quality Assurance Plan.
- Federal Contractor, client, 2018