Incorporating strategy into your projects will ensure all work is tied directly to your mission. Strategy will help you:
- Define and prioritize goals
- Align resources and activities
- Increase accountability and transparency
- Improve communications
At Break Trail Strategies, we believe incorporating strategy at the everyday level will help your business long after our project has completed. So whatever the project is - communications, business requirements, policies and procedures, budgeting, or board development - it's more than just a project to us. We'll make sure our work supports your larger goals and missions.
We work with small to mid-sized clients on various types of projects. Some of our work has included:
- Website makeover and content for a small Denver non-profit
- Wireframe (structure, layout, and flow) for an employee portal for a large non-profit in California
- Grant and proposal writing, editing, and management
- Strategic messaging for a Denver start-up
- Strategic Planning:
- Reviewing core competencies and strategic focus for a start up tech company
- Strategic planning session for a Denver start-up, with a focus on maximizing revenue streams
- Board development assessment and recommendations for a Denver non-profit
- Strategic board retreat support for a telecommunications company
- Federal Contractor Support:
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Proposal requirements outline, management, and editing for large proposals
- Grant proposal management, research, and writing to implement broadband in rural America
- Overseeing Programs and Operations for a large non-profit during a change in leadership
- Assessment and recommendations for improving efficiencies (policies, technology, staffing) for various clients
At Break Trail Solutions, we have a talented, experienced, and capable team to support your efforts on nearly any type of project. We love our work, and we think you'll love our work too.
When you're looking to hire a management consulting firm, it's hard to know where to begin.
- Do we offer the expertise you're looking for? Check out Our Team.
- Do we have the experience you want? Some of our recent experience is listed above.
- Will you get results? Read a few of our testimonials below.
- But what about all those intangibles?
At Break Trail Strategies, we offer the following to all of our clients, on every project:
- Listening - we listen to your needs and concerns. We ask a lot of questions, and we propose solutions that address your requirements and takes your uniqueness into consideration.
- Flexibility - Our focus is on making sure you're getting what you need, when you need it, and in the format you require. We're here to support you and your team, and we'll accommodate your needs to the extent possible to meet your objectives.
- Communication - We are in regular contact with you and your team throughout the project, in whatever form works best for your team.
- Teamwork - We'll work with the team you identify. Some may provide a lot of input and directions, and others may be less involved, but the end result of any project is always better when all members of the team participate.
- Integrity - There will never be any surprises in the work we provide our clients, or in our billing. We do our homework, we keep you informed, and we come to the job prepared.
- Strategy - We want to be sure the work we provide supports your goals and mission. (Don't have goals and a mission? We can help with that!
The Executive Committee of the World Affairs Challenge engaged Break Trail Strategies to consult on a broad range of issues from big picture strategies to day-to-day operations.
The results were thoughtful, respectful, and actionable recommendations for improving and clarifying our goals, processes, and communications internally and externally. From responsibilities of committee members and staff, to best practices, long-range strategy, and better use of new technologies, Break Trail was successful in giving our team the tools and the direction that make our organization more efficient and better prepared for growth.
-Executive Committee/Board of Directors
Center for Teaching International Relations, World Affairs Challenge
Thank you for providing all the right tools to formulate a clear vision and to help develop a customized plan of action. The step-by-step master plan made communication and implementation more precise and effective. Your guidance and empathy - especially during crucial moments - was instrumental in achieving our desired goals. Thanks for your always positive approach and for bringing clarity and focus in addressing opportunities and barriers.
- Brunner Management, LLC
We appreciate all your help in making the maze of federal documentation a little easier to navigate...and your expertise in developing our Quality Assurance Plan.
- Federal Contractor, client, 2018
The first hour of consultation is on the house. Call us at 202.997.5600